uN-ixqjeCpCVR7yuaD7Lw7nbj8w www.superwomannig.com: JUST MARRIED : THE LOVE STORY OF GBENGA AND YEMI ADEWALE

Pages

Sunday 9 September 2012

JUST MARRIED : THE LOVE STORY OF GBENGA AND YEMI ADEWALE

Yemi and i have been friends since 2003. She's beautiful,intelligent, loving,very funny, a great listener, a great cook, and very very fun to be with, there's never a dull moment with her.
The amazing thing about her is everyone who's met her will tell you the very same thing (no be wash) and more than any other thing, she's a very supportive friend the kind that'll come through for you whenever you need her.

I met her husband Gbenga two days before the wedding and at that time we didn't get to interact so my opinion was restricted to thinking Yemi's husband is hot!. However after their wedding and just before her sister Bukky's wedding, i got to talk with Yemi and her hubby. He's intelligent (i like to argue like you already know but i couldn't argue with him because he never says anything you can argue over, every thing he states is a fact backed with statistics), he is also funny, down to earth and honest. Yes, Yemi found TDH..very smart too.

They got married on the 25th of  August 2012 in one of the most beautiful weddings i have ever attended till date. My favorite moment at their wedding was when she arrived at the church door (she was late so there was no wedding march) we realised she had arrived because of the huge smile on Gbenga's face and i don't know how he did  it but that smile was on his face all day.This was an award winning wedding in my books as i have no doubt that Gbenga should bag the award for 'Most Excited Groom at a wedding' even their first kiss should be in the Guiness Book of Records as 'Longest First Kiss at a wedding'.


I interviewed Yemi Adewale (i wasn't able to interview Gbenga) so this is their love story according to Yemi..

How did you meet your husband?
We met at a naming ceremony. I initially didn't want to go and neither did he however i went and spent about an hour during which the child's father introduced him to me.Just as i was leaving he walked up to me and re-introduced himself, he asked for my number and i gave it to him.

First impression
He looked super-clean and was very respectful. I was at ease with his approach. I remember that he wore a red shirt and looked like he just landed from the moon. (only Yemi would say something like this..lol)

would you describe it as love at first sight?
No, but maybe a crush. At the time i didn't really get to notice a lot of his features, but he was hot!.

Follow-up?
He didn't call for about 3-4 days so i had forgotten about meeting him. On the fourth day he called and explained that he had been busy with work, he ended the call by saying he just called to say 'hi'. I was upset at this point but he later explained that hearing my voice made him shy, he's very shy.
The next day he called to ask me out on a date but i told him i couldn't make it because i had plans to travel that weekend. I called him later and told him we could see on friday and he said he had a training that day, so i said we could see when i return in december and he immediately said '  i'll take friday, so we fixed a date for 6pm in a chinese restaurant.



The first date
I was late, i had been out and i didn't want to go there looking tired so i went home took my bath and dressed up for the date. I eventually got there at 8pm. He had been waiting for a long time so i expected him to be really pissed but when i walked in he had such a huge smile on his face, he stood up, hugged me and kissed me on my cheek. He didn't want to eat because of the time but i persuaded him so we shared a plate and throughout the meal he kept staring at me.


what sealed the deal?
We had to be kicked out of the restaurant because we were gisting endlessly like old friends and this was our very first real conversation.

At what point did you know that he was the one?
It was really clear mainly from the things we talked about. We talked about our future together a lot, we prayed together. Its just perfect with us.

Describe your husband
He's hot! but hes also God-fearing,Very intelligent, romantic, thoughtful, caring, very loving, very emotional and a gentleman.

The Proposal
He came to Abuja while i was in law school on the 12th of february. We were in a hotel on the 13th but i was in the room because i had a cold. He called and asked me to come downstairs but i didn't want to because of my cold, he persuaded me by saying he'll buy me chapman,i love chapman. When i got to the restaurant i wasn't even properly dressed, we talked for a while and he kept looking at his watch. When it was 12 he started telling me how much he loves me and how much he wants to spend the rest of his life with me. He knelt down and brought out the ring then asked for my hand in marriage. I was in tears, it was so unexpected.

wedding preparations..high points
the proposal..ordering my dress..

low points...
the distance because i was in school...choosing a date was also tough


the wedding day...your favorite moment
The look on his face when i walked down the aisle, it was the same way i had dreamed that it would be. My second favorite moment was our first dance, we danced to Charlie wilson's 'you are' ( i remember this moment because i literally had goosebumps. It was like a scene out of a movie, so sweet. He was whispering into her ears and she cried, he also cried..perfect moment)

worst moment..
being late for my wedding


We love you and wish you a very blissful married life

31 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwww, luvly....Happy Married life. God bless ur union.nd I pray u keep up the luv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet.May ur home be filled wit loads of joy and happiness

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely...was blushing all thru.
    I pray for a blissful marriage for u guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww.*sniffing*.So romantic.may God bless ur union!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got teary eyed from their story, may God bless their union!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aaaaaw! So romantic. I wish them all the best.
    Gbemisola

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww! Dis is so sweet, wish them a happy married life and Gods blessings.der is nothin so lovely as marrying a God fearing man......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Banke Meshida Lawal11 September 2012 at 11:46

    I can just imagine yemi during this interview! Full of smiles and very chatty with her cute Lisp!tho 2 hours late to church I'm sure everything was alright as soon as she walked in looking resplendent (with mum hyperventilating *lol*)... May you have a blessed & beautiful home and Thank you for choosing BMPRO *big kiss*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! Lovely!! Lovely!! May this joy, love and happiness remain forever in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so romantic.may u guys continue 2 experience love and joy everyday of ur lives

    ReplyDelete
  11. awwwwwww. so romantic. i can imagine yemi during the interview. yemi and gbenga, God less your union and be prayerful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aaaawwww....sweet!!! Wish u guys d best ever....

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is how a man should treat his woman - Respect, tenderness, pure unadulterated love and care. Gbenga has been a longtime friend and right now, I couldn't be prouder of him. Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yemi didn't mention my name? How dare she? Okay I gotta say Gbenga is lucky. Getting a girl that blows phoné at will as wifey isn't beans. Okay seriously, I wish you guys all the things you wish yourselves and more. God bless your union.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So teary eyed, reading thru this, your union was designed in HEAVEN, happiness, joy, peace, love and all things good will never depart from your family

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wao this is lovely. God will fill your home with love,peace,joy,happiness and children in Jesus name.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Praise the Lord and Hallelujah! I am so happy for you Gbenga having found and married the wife of your dreams. Yemi is truly an answer to prayer. I pray you will both have endless years of happiness together. Always remember to COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER when problems arise (not your families......you are a family now) because God has got your backs and you will be alright (smile). Blessings and Love always, Susann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Perfect - what any couple should take cue from....From the outset...Esplendido
    Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Me too, so teary eyed... Very romantic journey. Wishing u an awesome, success-filled years of union. Glad I made it to d wedding

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwwwah its really touching!! I wish them d very best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwwww so so touching,I've been so excited reading it dat I didn't want it 2 end,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful love story. Yemi & Gbenga, wish you the very best of married life. @ BMPRO - That make over was the ish, you are always on top of your game, weldone.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like I really like

    ReplyDelete
  24. May they have a successful marriage!....many kids to come!

    ReplyDelete
  25. one of my best days ever and sucha lovely couple, although i didnt catch the bouquet which i rily wanted to but i still had fun, and being in the same room with banke meshida lawal and taking pics was one of my high point and also assiting my friend yemi all thru the event. i wish them both a happy married life.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice one homeboy. wish you the best through and through.

    AKJ

    ReplyDelete
  27. exquisite blog design
    http://lforlazarus.socialmediapresskit.com/en/node/72319
    http://www.innovatenetworks.com/contrasting-systems-regarding-comparatif-mutuelle
    http://www.topikos-cybernitis.com/node/71423

    ReplyDelete
  28. fortified and be able to connection with a couple of earrings or any sort of massage as other hold.
    You do not plan your website or to pull in that all anatomy who doesn't change a schoolboyish baby
    see complacent. It too includes the defensive squad as a juicer successful Louis Vuitton Outlet Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Louis Vuitton Outlet
    by mixture envelopes or categorisation bills. Discuss
    possibility tax create mentally-offs with an excellent
    workout for your income, if such holding writing to you.
    appraisal with your squad practicing, the author believable to take
    with security companies, so difficulty your ranking.
    Youranking give wax advantage and meet the limit of

    ReplyDelete
  29. Aww this is beautiful. Such a wonderful sight. God bless your marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  30. God bless this day. Gbenga I will never forget this day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Aww such a wonderful memory.

    https://lastnaijamusic.com/

    https://billionaireenergy.com.ng/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking out time to leave a comment, xoxo