uN-ixqjeCpCVR7yuaD7Lw7nbj8w www.superwomannig.com: Just Married: The Love story of Tosin and Bukola Yusuff

Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Just Married: The Love story of Tosin and Bukola Yusuff

‘…this is the woman that I love, she’s the centre of my joy. This is the woman that I love, no one else could make me say ‘I do’…’. Those are some of the words from the song that Tosin performed for Bukola on their wedding day the 8thday of September 2012 and he meant every word. The engagement ceremony was held at Sheraton Hotel in Ikeja, they said their vows at the Anglican Church of the Ascension Ikeja and the wedding reception took place at Times Square also in Ikeja. For every woman anywhere who has ever said or thought that Nigerian men are not romantic, Tosin is evidence that you are not entirely right.


I remember when Bukola and I just became friends, we used to talk a lot about the future and the kind of man we would want to settle down with. She always said she wants her man to be Tall, Dark and handsome but more importantly God-fearing and hardworking.
 
The very first time I saw Tosin I thought ‘wow, God must really love Bukky’, she found all that she dreamed of in Tosin, even more so because he is a gentleman and a very romantic one too.
 
 
Bukky is a lady through and through, she’s the kind of person you see and refer to as prim and proper. She’s beautiful, intelligent, gentle and loving, I could go on and on but I don’t think I could do a better job than Tosin in describing his wife. In his words; ‘my baby is wonderful, she’s the very best. Beauty is in her, she has a beautiful heart, a heart of gold. She’s awesome, and more than anything she’s the most passionate person I know’.
This couple is not the kind to hide their love and just to help you understand just how deep it is i decided to share this message from Tosin to Bukky that i noticed on her facebook wall and you'll also get to see her reply.
 

Oluwabukolami
Thanks for your undying love,
I look forward to every new day
cos you constantly put my love on top.

Growing up
I'd wished for so many things
buh everyday, you make me see
My best wishes are granted in you.

...


xoxo
T.Y
her reply?
My crown! A prayer answered is what you are. Some search a lifetime to find a love so beautiful. In you, my love, I found it wholly! Your love has brought me unquantifiable joy. I smile each morning knowing that you are mine and I wait ANXIOUSLY for the day I say "I do" to a man who compares to no other!!! All my love darling...


Their journey to the altar is what you’re about to read about (hurry and get some tissue, lol). This couple just makes you love love.

 How did you meet?
Tosin: We had a concert in my church, Dr. Mile’s Monroe was visiting. A friend invited her for the concert. I’m usually never late to church but that day I got to church late. I parked my car and when I got out of the car I met her sister’s Yemi and Tope, I spoke to them but noticed Bukky ahead walking ahead in heels. I started speaking to her, got her laughing and that was it. We were together through the concert and after it I got her number.

Bukky: I went for the concert with Yemi and Tope, we kept getting lost and after a while we wanted to turn back. Eventually we got there and Tosin drove in and parked his car right beside us. He walked up to me and said ‘ lovely dress you have on’. We started talking about weird things, the ocean, fishing but he was so calm, so confident and such a gentleman.


Your first impression(s)?

Bukky: It was love at first sight for me, I’ve never experienced something like that before. It seemed to me like he was walking on water. (lol)
Tosin: I knew she was going to be a good friend, she was calm and real, it was so easy to be myself around her. The conversation flowed easily and she got all my jokes.

Follow-up

Tosin : I called her later that day.
Bukky: After his call we made phone calls, chatted on skype and all that.

How did you know you had found the one?
Bukky: It just felt right. I was open to him and comfortable with him, we prayed together morning and night (we still do). Strangely, after a few dates he asked to meet my mum and told her that he wants to marry me.
 Tosin: She always knows the right thing to do, the right things to say. We just aligned and I had inner peace.

The proposal
 Tosin: I had bought the ring two months before I proposed, the only issue I had was ensuring that I got the right size. I didn’t want to ask Yemi or a friend of hers to help because I didn’t want her to have a clue. So eventually I looked at her ring finger and compared with my fingers, it worked! I didn’t get to propose until December because I was off-shore most of the time. After Christmas we travelled to Ghana for a holiday, we booked the honeymoon suite in the hotel where we stayed. It was beautiful, we had wine, rose petals on the floor and bed and chocolate everywhere. They thought we were a married couple on our honeymoon so everyone who came to the room brought us some more chocolate. I had to be very careful about the ring because we had packed with one bag and it was in the bag.
Bukky: We booked for a photo-shoot and we were going round the hotel taking pictures when he asked to change his shirt and we went back to the room.
Tosin: I brought out the ring, knelt down and started telling her how much she means to me and how I want to spend the rest of my life with her.
 Bukky: I didn’t hear half of what he said, I was screaming, then crying, then running around.
Tosin: she got on the bed and started jumping, I have pictures of everything. I’m glad that she started screaming because I had prepared a speech but I forgot it and I stuttered a bit.

 Wedding preparations..High points
Tosin: I didn’t really have to do much, I wasn’t under any stress because Bukky planned everything perfectly. I never let people do anything for me, but with my wife I’m very comfortable.

Bukky: Picking everything out, it was exciting planning and searching for everything.

Low points

Bukky: the stress involved in planning a wedding, vendors can be exhausting.

Tosin: The distance, she was in school at the time.

Wedding day..Favorite moments
 Tosin: Dancing at the engagement ceremony, I was so happy that I did the traditional Yoruba‘spin in the air’ dance.
At the church it was the vows,
 
when I said the prayers preceding the vows I knew it was a prayer for our life-time. I had to pray in tongues because I don’t know what the future holds but the spirit of God has full knowledge of it.
When I saw my wife walk down the aisle it was like seeing her in a new light, I kept thinking‘she is so beautiful’.I enjoyed the dance sessions, I also enjoyed performing the song for her. I had tried to get Timi to come and perform it but he couldn’t make it. (that’s the song I told you about earlier, it’s a song by Timi Dakolo ‘the woman I love’.
 Bukky: I loved the moment when he performed the song for me (it was so romantic, single guys you should learn how it’s done from Tosin). I loved his speech, and the couple’s dance, I also enjoyed dancing with my mum.
 Low moments

Bukky: I was late to church mainly because i was looking for my wedding dress (turns out we forgot it in her house as we had gone to the hotel for the engagement and she was to dress up in the hotel). I also really missed my dad, especially when Banke Meshida was doing my make-up and she started playing ‘dance with my father’ by Luther Vandross. I had to ask her to please change the song. 
Tosin: My family was late for the engagement I had to keep calling to ask where they were. Bukky was late to church but I was calm because her mum was calm about it.
 
 
How did you feel when you said your vows?
Bukky: It was intense, I meant every word, but it meant so much more to me because Tosin read every word with new meaning, I knew he meant what he was saying and seeing him crying really meant so much to me.
Tosin: It was in that moment that I understood why Olympic medalists cry when they win gold and they hear their national anthem being played. I felt so much joy and accomplishment.
 How does it feel to be married?
Bukky: This is the happiest I’ve ever been, I feel so much peace. It’s funny because I keep looking at my ring to be sure I’m not dreaming.
Tosin: I feel complete now, at peace, settled. I’m not saying I was incomplete before, but everything is just settled now.
 
 Bukola found her dream man in Tosin, Tosin found his prized jewel in Bukola. Their story tells you and I that true love still exists. Be patient and trust God to bring the right person your way.
 
 
 
 We love you both and our prayer for you is to have a love that never ends.

14 comments:

  1. Awwwh! I love their love. Wish you both a Happy Married Life, filled wit lots of love, joy and Peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg....*crying*i can't wait to get married,I av met my Hartbeat and trust me wen u love d ryt person,its d best feeling in the world.so happy for them.wish u guys all d very best*kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwwwww... One of the best and 'realest' love stories I have read.. Love you guys and pray that God will satisfy you in your marriage and make your love for each other grow each day.

    My favourite parts:

    - Tosin saying he had to speak in tongues before the vows as only God knows what the future holds *deeep*
    - The fact that they pray together.. 'a family that prays together...' that's starting on a GREAT note.
    - Tosin crying during the vows.. *awwwww*... What can I say, I think it's wonderful when the groom cries on the wedding day hehe
    - The simplicity of how they met (and the fact that they met in church :-) )
    - The fact that God answers prayers to detail, evident in their story.

    I pray with all my heart Bukks and Tosin that you enjoy your marriage fully and may God always be the centre of your home! Love youuu xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful!wonderful!!wonderful!!!...
    "okay am in public and would seem funny , me crying but cant help my self"..
    Wish you guys Gods blessings in marriage and may you both never cease from having love ballads for each other...xx
    Oby Anne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww!!! this is so lovely,am so happy for both of them especially bukky who found all she has prayed for,and knowing dat her hubby has the fear of God in him, is what trips me most.cos that's what every gal wants a God Fearing man.the mere fact that They pray together is so awesome.your love story is so touching and I wish you a happy married life and Gods Abundant blessings amen....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply phenomenal! May God bless your union forever. I feel like i just read a romantic novel and i'm smiling at the end (you know that smile you have on your face when the main characters get married). May you both continue to experience the love of God in your marriage and may your love for eachother grow greater with each passing day. lots of love....xxxx Uche O.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Speaking in tongues b4 sayin d vows... deep!Widh them d very best... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful lovestory......May your life together be as beautiful and your love and respect for each other unending.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really don't know these couple but i must admit their story is worth sharing.
    Having to wait on God and letting his will be done is the ultimate.
    May this union be Blessed. A M E N

    Nancy O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Beautiful!! Interesting! Love story. The first time Tosin came to introduce Bukky to me; I couldn’t help but notice the soft magical and intense love between this two wonderful people. I remember the smile, calmness and peace in his voice and body language whenever we talk or chat and bukky is mentioned. My worry for my brother has ended because I know he has gotten his missing rib. From the bottom of my heart, I wish both of you a happy married life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. CONGRATS DEAR,I SO MUCH LOVE THIS COS AM SURE IT WAS ALREDI MADE IN HEAVEN AND PUT IN PLACE ON EARTH.GOD BLESS UR NEW HOME N MAY UR LOVE NEVA FADE 4 A SINGLE MOMEMT BUT IT SHALL B FRESH EVERY SECONDS OF UR LIVES.LOTS OF LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful couple with such a wonderful love story!!! May the Lord continue to bless you Both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow ..I love their love story so simple..touchy n' classy.. though I don't know them I'm already in love with their love..Rest on Bukky..you are such a lovely.. peaceful lady❤️

    ReplyDelete
  14. It’s 10 years today. Tosin please be strong. May God continue to help you manage the impact. It’s well with the soul of the righteous. Stay strong bro. Hmmm🏜💐

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking out time to leave a comment, xoxo