uN-ixqjeCpCVR7yuaD7Lw7nbj8w www.superwomannig.com: KUDOS TO AN ACHIEVER AT 50 BY CHARLES ONUGHA

Pages

Tuesday 2 July 2013

KUDOS TO AN ACHIEVER AT 50 BY CHARLES ONUGHA


On Friday the 28th, all the people born in June in the whole world stood up for one of theirs who has attained the golden age of 50 years. He is the Governor of the most populous black and 'ethnically dispersed' state in Africa.

Of all the Governors in Africa and indeed in Nigeria, he is the first among equals. In Latin, the maxim is primus inter pares. But Iike the Italians, I call him the numero uno.

His Excellency, Babatunde Raji Fashola SAN needs no formal introductions, for his good works in Lagos State precedes his good name...

I am sure conspiracy theorist will argue. Some may write it off as a party member's opinion. And others will say another paid piper plays the tune of his paymaster.

But let it be known that I have neither been a card carrying member of the AD nor the AC nor the ACN. I am yet to decide to register for the newly registered APC too.

For your information, the only political party card I had carried which would have expired was that of the PDP. During that period, my good friend Dayo Abayomi Adesola was the youth secretary of the PDP in our ward in AJIF.
Anyway, just at the turn of the new millennium, precisely in 2000 AD politics in Nigeria was almost regulated on the template of the PDP alone, and I joined the bandwagon of the winning team. But I realise that you don't always have to be in the winning team. That we all have our individual choices sometime; I may like to pitch my tent for whom I feel meets my criteria irrespective of party affiliation.

Let me tell you why the man Fashola is great in deed. In the early days, he had shown that his was a leadership with the road-map for transformation. By exactly 100 days in office, the massive reconstruction and rehabilitation by his administration had started. In fact, some landmark projects have been completed and commissioned. Can you beat that?

He alone I know have the blue-print of the State he governs at heart. I make bold to say if you wake BRF up today from a deep sleep and ask about his projects even in the backwaters of Lagos suburb, he will reel it out with statistics.

While his contemporaries make statements and set up committees, his sterling leadership qualities stands him out. His administration takes giant strides in road construction, security, health, education, youth and sports, poverty alleviation, etc.

One of such strides are the renovation and expansion of Lagos roads. He works on these roads with dexterity-be it Federal or State. Even critics argues that this government's policy thrust is tailored towards public good. As all his programmes strive to deliver dividends of democracy to majority even if a minute number has to bear the brunt.

The 10-lane Lagos/Badagry expressway may have taken some time to reconstruct and may have caused some hardship on motorists and commuters alike. But I tell you that the road is a statement that Africa's sleeping giant will be awoken on the international route.

D1, be not dismayed for when our Governor is done, you shall always travel to Ghana by road. Then you will always remember in 10 years time that it was the big heart of one man that made this feat possible. This testimony will even be told in churches, mosques and other places of worship.

I know you must be wondering why I got so obsessed with the man BRF as to be a praise singer for his administration. Apart from being an unbiased analyst, I share two things in common with this great man.

Like him I was born in June; like him also I am an alumnus of great UNIBEN...and I ask my people...
Indeed! which house built by great men in their great land do not produce greatness?

Also, I share in his passion to transform Lagos into a mega city. This can be seen in his Eko Atlantic City project and in other developmental projects in all nooks and crannies of Lagos.

Go to Ajah, BRF is there; in Igando, he is there; Ijesha, Iyana Ipaja, Mushin and Ajegunle are not left out. In deed! He is a many of many parts.

...In land, Fashola is working; on the sea, he is working; and if we could look into the sky without blinking while the sun shines, we will see that: Fashola is working...Lagos is working!

As a stakeholder in the Lagos mega city project I know Babatunde Raji Fashola's dream was to build a City of Lights, like Paris, where the stars shine down to brighten our horizon even in darkest nights.

...That dream is now a reality!

Happy 50th Anniversary His Excellency!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking out time to leave a comment, xoxo