uN-ixqjeCpCVR7yuaD7Lw7nbj8w www.superwomannig.com: Saying till death - Episode 3

Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Saying till death - Episode 3


I'm not going to lie to you and say i wasn't embarrassed for my friend, in all honesty i was a bit disappointed too. Disappointed because well, lets face it Susan was my hottest friend, and even though Nonso was pretty hot himself i just felt she deserved better.


I tried to talk to Susan when he left. Told her to think about the fact that she had agreed to spend the rest of her life with a man she was too ashamed to introduce to her friends.I told her what i had learned from Fela Durotoye's book on this. He had said that a man should have finesse and said its about grooming, etiquette, dressing, elocution, diction, culinary etiquette and grammar. I explained that according to him a woman must be sure that her man's finesse is acceptable to her. I went on and on and on.

When i was done she told me in very simple terms "Ese, i love Nonso and i will marry Nonso, when we need to cross this bridge, we will but for now all i need is your support''. So i promised to support her even though i had a lot of conflicting thoughts in my head.

 I wondered what her plan was? Did she really think she could hide him forever?What would happen at the wedding?

Their wedding was unbelievably beautiful, down to the very last detail. When we stepped into the reception hall my first thought was wow, the colours blended perfectly, decorations were flawless. The bride and groom looked perfect together , the pictures were amazing. They had a dj as well as a live band playing at the wedding. They danced to "the closer i get to you" for their first dance, i actually shed a tear..or two.

The vows (hmmm i expected an outburst of laughter and braced myself for it) but it went well, no one seemed to notice as the microphone get going off and on (the hand of God as far as i'm concerned).I quietly thanked the good lord for his mercies that come in mysterious ways.

It was that kind of wedding were against your pride and better judgment you forcefully struggle with all the other 'single ladies', making up your mind that its your last time as a bridesmaid (for some reason, i have never caught a bouquet at a wedding but to be fair to the brides i never ever try to catch it) needless to say i tried but didn't catch the bouquet.

Everything was going so well that i stepped out to change my shoes and bring Susan the flat slippers we had kept in the car for her to change into. I took my time walking slowly, fully believing that one hottie or the other would use the opportunity to come up to me and chat me up (infact i had been eyeing one particular groom's man..but guys can be unbelievably slow sha!). I sat in the car for a while until it became clear to me that no one was coming after me (oh well!).

I locked the car and started walking back to the reception hall when i saw Susan furiously walking towards me, she was walking with two of her bridesmaids who both seemed really shocked. She got up to me and i started asking, "what's wrong? its your wedding day oh! don't let anyone annoy you..just go in and meet your husband, dance with him and calm down".

Her response truly shocked me. First she hissed, then asked me 'which husband'? all of a sudden she was crying, really really crying.

6 comments:

  1. Can't wait till next week. Why was she crying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what went wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anxıously waıtıng for the next epısode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What went wrong oh???! #cantwait

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmmm,I can't wait for next week! #thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking out time to leave a comment, xoxo